princess genevieve

mercredi, mai 24, 2006

A Recommendation

I'd like to offer a recommendation to you all. Don't go see the movie The Proposition. I had a screening pass for it last night, so I took my friend Mandy. Neither one of us was especially interested in the subject matter (it's a Western) but hey, it was free, we didn't have anything else to do, I like movies about Australia, and I sometimes end up really liking movies I didn't want to see all that much to begin with.

This movie. This movie, on the other hand, was uber-violent. To the point where I think both of us didn't see as much as we did see. The storyline was somewhat interesting, but I reached a point where I didn't even care what was going to happen at the end because I was so bothered by the violence. I realized if I had been watching this movie at home, I would have turned it off, and it was then that I turned to Mandy and asked her if she wanted to leave. She did. We left.

Surprisingly, we were the only people to have left at that time. I don't know if anyone else left after us. We'd been in the theatre for over an hour, so we did give it a fair chance.

Ugh.

Oh! Do you want to see what Kukka-Maria won in my Second Annual Birthday Contest? She's got photos up. She's quite clever, that cat.

2 Comments:

At 5/25/2006 3:13 PM, Blogger Molly said...

I don't mind violence as long as the rest of the story holds my interest, but when the story is just violence my mind tends to wander.

 
At 5/25/2006 10:06 PM, Blogger Paisley said...

Hmmm.... yes I avoided this one when it opened here last year(? I think it was last year). I'm not a big fan of westerns or realistic violence. From memory I don't think it was big hit here although it got a lot of press attention at the time, mostly because it was the first screenplay by Nick Cave who's one of those dark-tortured-soul-type-alternative-rock-musicians-with-cultish-following-who's-been-around-for-years. He hit the mainstream briefly about 10 years ago when he recorded a duet with Kylie Minogue for his CD of murder ballads.
:-)

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home