princess genevieve

mercredi, juin 28, 2006

MeMe time

Have you ever made your lunch for work, and then not felt like eating it? And then you ate it anyway, but still, once you are done, you're not hungry anymore but you're also not really satisfied? (in case you're now curious, the lunch in question was black beans and rice. I'm blaming the lack of satisfaction on the fact that I was out of sour cream, which makes everything taste better, and instead put a little cheddar cheese on the concoction. Which was good but not creamy like sour cream.)

Anyway. Meme lifted from Vivi and posted because I've got nothing to say today.

1. How old do you wish you were? I'm ok with 31.

2. Where were you when 9/11 happened? This was when I was working at Jones Day in Washington, right near Union Station. No one knew what was going on and I called my mom and she said "come home." I was still living with my parents then. My dad was in Mexico for work and so I just set out on my own, not really knowing where I was going to go. My car was parked at a metro station but there was much confusion over whether the metro was running or not. I tried to get on at Union Station and it was definitely closed there. I walked about 4 miles or so and then I called my friend Katherine, who was living in Woodley Park. I had to wait in line and use a pay phone to call Katherine because all the cell circuits were busy and I couldn't get through. Luckily Katherine was home, and I went over there. A couple other people were already there. We could see the Pentagon from the roof of her building. Helicopters and fighter jets kept flying over. We watched Peter Jennings on ABC and had Chinese delivered for lunch. Eventually, I made my way back to the metro and made it home. My dad got home 3 or 4 days later, after flying from Mexico City to a border town, and having my aunt drive down from Austin and pick him & his co-workers up. Then they rented a car in Austin and drove back to Washington.

3. What do you do when vending machines steal your money? Get irritated but figure there isn't a lot I can do about it.

4. Do you consider yourself kind? I try to be.

5. If you had to get a tattoo, where and what would it be? I don't really like tattoos, but if I were forced, I'd get one that looked like a freckle on whatever part of my body it would hurt the least.

6. If you could be fluent in any other language what would it be? I think I'm pretty good with French. If I could add another, Spanish for its practicality or Italian because it's so pretty.

7. Do you know your neighbors? Well, you guys know I know Michael (who is moving this weekend!), Natasha and her dad, my downstairs Swedish neighbor, and a couple others by sight. That's it.

8. What do you consider a vacation? Traveling somewhere, but somewhere where I get to pick what I'm going to do all day long. That means, not New Orleans, or not anytime I have to go away for a specific reason, like a wedding or another event.

9. Do you follow your horoscope? No

10. Would you move for the person you loved? I think so. As long as he would also move for me, if that opportunity arose.

11. Are you touchy feely? No

12. Do you believe that opposites attract? Sometimes.

13. Dream job? I want to be a travel writer. I want people to pay for me to write witty stories about where I go and how fabulous it is. But I don't want to write guide books.

14. Favorite channels? I watch BBCA a lot, as well as regular network tv and some MTV. I also like IFC and Sundance for movies, and I still watch the made-for movies on the Disney Channel and ABC Family.

15. Favorite place to go on a weekend? Hum. Is it a long weekend? Because I've gone to France for a long weekend. I tend not to let time restrictions limit my travel like that. Although I probably wouldn't go to France if I only had 2 days. In that case, I'd go to Montreal.

16. Showers or Bath? Showers. I hate washing my hair in the bath.

17. Do you paint your nails? My toenails, yes. My fingernails, usually no.

18. Do you trust people easily? yeah, I think so.

19. What are your phobias? Heights. Really, really scared of heights. Oddly enough not scared of flying. I don't like things like rats, snakes, bugs, etc, but being up high is my main phobia.

20. Do you want kids? Someday

21. Do you keep a handwritten journal? Nope.

22. Where would you rather be right now? At home. I've got a lot to do this week at home!

23. What makes you feel warm and safe? Being with my family.

24. Heavy or light sleep? I'm a heavy sleeper.

25. Are you paranoid? I don't think so!

26. Are you impatient? yep

27. Who can you relate to? Oh, lots of people in lots of different ways. My sisters. My friends.

28. How do you feel about interracial couples? This is a stupid question. (says Vivi, and I agree)

29. Have you been burned by love? Who hasn't

30. Whats your life motto? I don't have one. Maybe that's my problem. Suggestions being taken!

31. What's your main ringtone on your mobile? Belle & Sebastian's "Funny Little Frog". Which can be sort of hard to hear sometimes.

32. What were you doing at midnight last night? Sleeping

33. Who was your last text message from? the phone company, with an ad to download games onto my phone. My last real text message was from Erika, asking me if I wanted to have dinner.

34. Who's bed did you sleep in last night? Mine.

35. What color shirt are you wearing? light green, like pear colored.

36. Most recent movie you watched? I watched Laura on Sunday.

37. Name five things you have on you at all times? my wallet, my cell phone, my iPod, chapstick, a book.

38. What color are your bed sheets? Blue.

39. How much cash do you have on you right now? about $17

40. What is your favorite part of a chicken? the thigh. I don't really like chicken that much though.

41. What's your favorite town/city? New Orleans and Paris. I can't chose one, sorry!

42. I cant wait till... the week's over

43. Who got you to join MySpace? I thought I wasn't on it, but yesterday was informed by 2 different people I was, so I logged in with my usual password and sure enough, there I was. So I have no idea.

44. What did you have for dinner last night? Spaghetti bolognaise

45. How tall are you barefoot? 5'2"

46. Have you ever smoked crack? um, no. this is a stupid question.

47. Do you own a gun? No. I've never used one. I wasn't even allowed to have water guns as a kid.

48. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? juice when I'm eating my breakfast, then I switch to water at work. This morning I had apple juice.

49. What is your secret weapon to lure in the opposite sex? I'm pretty sure I don't have one.

50. Do you have A.D.D.? I'm pretty sure no.

51. What time did you wake up today? 7:56

52. Current worry? you know, the whole finding a new job thing.

53. Current hate? the state of our country

54. Favorite place to be? hum. I don't really have a favorite place to be but I do like to be out and about. so, that.

55. Where would you like to travel? Everywhere, but my current top choice is Australia.

56. Where do you think you'll be in 10 yrs? I hate these questions. In my high school where will you be in 10 years thing I said "I will rule the world." Well, it's been more than 10 years, so let's just extend that goal for now, mmmkay?

57. Last thing you ate? see above lunch. Also had some Thin Mints with that.

58. What songs do you sing in the shower? whatever's on the radio.

59. Last person that made you laugh? quite possibly myself. I am pretty funny!

60. Worst injury you've ever had? hum, I don't have too many injuries. No broken bones, nothing like that. I did have that allergic reaction to a bug bite last year in Belgium, so does that count?

61. Does someone have a crush on you? You tell me!!

1 Comments:

At 6/29/2006 12:01 PM, Blogger Molly said...

That was fun. I LOVED your answer to where you will be in 10 years!

And yes I know the feeling well of eating something and then being disappointed when you are done because it was NOT what you wanted. I eat the same thing for lunch every day, BUT at dinner I often suffer from that problem.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home