princess genevieve

lundi, juin 05, 2006

Protest!



Friday night, I went to see The Break-Up with my friend Alison. Which wasn't as bad as the reviews made it out to be. But as I approached the theatre, I noticed that there were protesters out front! They were protesting The Da Vinci Code. They had signs saying things like "The Vatican condemns The Da Vinci Code" and "I love Jesus, not The Da Vinci Code." They had drummers and a piper. They were all men.

I found this very odd. Do they not realize The Da Vinci Code is fiction? A story? Also, they were not very dedicated protesters. I had gone to the restaurant in the photo (Clyde's) for lunch, and they weren't out then. We left the movie around 10:00 and they weren't out then. And you can't love Jesus and The Da Vinci Code? Interesting.

(an aside: to the person from Uruguay who got here by googling "i want genevieve pictures" did you find what you were after? There are certainly pictures of a Genevieve on the site, but I'm not sure if they are "genevieve pictures.")

4 Comments:

At 6/05/2006 12:56 PM, Blogger Molly said...

Yes I do not quite fathom all of this hullabaloo about The Da Vinci Code movie. I find it annoying that people do not understand the concept of FICTION!

 
At 6/05/2006 1:55 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

exactly, Molly!

 
At 6/06/2006 1:21 PM, Blogger Amie said...

I read the book, I want to see the movie, and I love Jesus :D

 
At 6/06/2006 1:24 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

yeah, Amie! That's what I'm saying - I don't see how loving Jesus precludes loving the Da Vinci Code story! (I've read the book but not seen the movie, but i probably will see the movie at some point)

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home