princess genevieve

mardi, juin 19, 2007

Adventures on the Bus #2135246

Last night, I took the bus home with Allison, who is staying with me right now. We sat down in the seats that face two other seats. When we were about 15 minutes from home, this guy sits down across from Allison. Then this woman sits down next to him. So we're all four facing each other, like a party!

The woman smells pretty heavily of booze. She then starts taking to the guy. He makes his excuses and gets off the bus at the next stop. (I have no idea if that was actually his stop or not, but I'm leaning towards not.) She then turns to me and Allison and tells us that it was too bad that guy got off, as he "would have made a great lover." Allison and I send telepathic shocked noises to each other.

She then keeps talking to us. Telling us that she's 45 and has 8 children and is pre-menapausal but is still looking for a lover to "rock her world."

She asked us what we do. I didn't really want to answer this one but luckily Allison jumped in and said she is a student, so that is safe enough. She told me my eyes are beautiful and radient. I'm not really sure what radient eyes are!

She then told us she isn't on crack. She asked us if we were "party girls." Allison sort of mumbled no and she then started telling us how she used to be a born again Christian. At this point I was considering getting off the bus and walking the rest of the way home. But I was sort of curious about the born-again Christian thing. Apparently either you're a party girl or you're born-again, I guess.

In the 15 minutes we also learned she is a native Washingtonian, has been celibate for a year and a half, and used to ride the bus all night long to combat insomnia.

As Allison said, we know more about her now than we do people we've known for years. Including her name but I'm not going to reveal that here.

Libellés :

5 Comments:

At 6/19/2007 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Oh my! WAY too much information!

 
At 6/19/2007 11:36 PM, Blogger Paisley said...

hmmm.... definitely too much information.
Strange people on your bus route!

 
At 6/20/2007 9:45 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I definitely wonder what it is that drives strangers to go the TMI route.

I have to agree with Paisley, definitely strange people on your bus route, at least it makes for good entertainment!

 
At 6/21/2007 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Wow. Maybe I need to start taking public transportation more...it'd give me plenty of blog fodder!

 
At 6/21/2007 4:30 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Nabb, it does for sure give you blog fodder. I heart the bus.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home