princess genevieve

jeudi, juin 07, 2007

Randomness

  • For my birthday, a friend gave me A Thousand Splendid Suns, the new book by the guy who wrote The Kite Runner. I loved it. I stayed up late finishing it last night.
  • I went back to the Moroccan restaurant last night. I think they know me in there now. This time I took Nicola, the trainee in the office. In case you are wondering, I did let her chose where she wanted to go! She didn't have any ideas, so I gave her three choices, and she chose Kasbah.
  • The night before last, I wanted mussels for dinner. I tried to order them, but the waiter told me not to... he said it wasn't the mussels season anymore, and while they had them, they were... Canadian. Gasp. No thank you. I can get Canadian mussels at home, much closer to the source.
  • I went to the grocery yesterday and bought two bags of the best sour gummi bears ever. Maybe I should buy more, since I can't get them in the States.

Libellés :

7 Comments:

At 6/07/2007 8:03 AM, Blogger Rachael said...

Definitely buy more of those sour gummy bears and if a few manage to make it in your suitcase back home and somehow you bring them to our next lunch date and force me to try one, I guess I wouldn't object too strongly!

 
At 6/07/2007 10:56 AM, Blogger Mama said...

Share the gummy bear love, man.

And thanks for the book tip - I'll have to see if I can get it from Paperpack book swap : )

 
At 6/07/2007 11:31 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I've been wondering if that book was any good. I'm going to have to pick it up and read it!

Are the sour gummy bears better than sour patch kids???

 
At 6/07/2007 12:49 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

I will try to get more, Rachael, if I have time!

WMK, hope you like the book!

Molly, yes, I think you will like it! And the gummi bears are different than sour patch kids, which I also like. Less sour, softer. Better? Maybe.

 
At 6/11/2007 12:45 AM, Blogger Sarah Q said...

europe has the best gummy candies. i can't remember if it was france or germany (both excellent gummy sources) but i found gummy sunny side up fried eggs on cabbage gummy candy. maybe it was lettuce but either way it was weird. i ended up saving them for months and eventually gluing magnets to the backs of them once they dried out. gummy fried egg magnets. ingenious. (until it gets humid out)

 
At 6/11/2007 12:57 AM, Blogger Sarah Q said...

europe has the best gummy candies. i can't remember if it was france or germany (both excellent gummy sources) but i found gummy sunny side up fried eggs on cabbage gummy candy. maybe it was lettuce but either way it was weird. i ended up saving them for months and eventually gluing magnets to the backs of them once they dried out. gummy fried egg magnets. ingenious. (until it gets humid out)

 
At 6/11/2007 12:58 AM, Blogger Sarah Q said...

sorry didnt mean to leave 2 comments. this is what happens with too many browsers open

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home