princess genevieve

mercredi, mai 30, 2007

Subject: Me

Last night after work, I was waiting for the bus to go home. I had this box with me, so I was balancing it on top of a garbage can (the fancy on the city street public kind, not the home type) and kind of leaning against it. It seemed to take the bus forever to get to the stop.

And I guess it really did take forever. And I guess I didn't move too much. Because when the bus finally arrived, and I walked past the people sitting in the bus shelter, I realized one of them had a sketch pad out. And she had drawn ME!

At first I was kind of irritated. I mean, did she ask if she could draw me? Did I even want to be in her sketch book forever? But then I realized I use strangers all the time, too. I write about them. What's the difference, really? I'm probably never going to see her again, just like I'm never going to see the people who occasionally pop up in stories here for your amusement. (Except My Nemesis, of course. Although to be honest, I haven't seen him in a really long time.)

And it's a little bit flattering, right, that someone would chose me out of all the people standing on the street. I wasn't the only one standing fairly still. Maybe she liked something about me in particular. The way my skirt hung? The way I was leaning against the box? I don't really know.

Libellés :

3 Comments:

At 5/30/2007 11:26 AM, Blogger Mama said...

SO very flattering! You never know, "woman with carton, leaning" may one day be hanging in the National Gallery! Very glam!

 
At 5/31/2007 2:11 AM, Blogger Jay said...

...the captivating beauty that just screamed to remembered! Come on, don't let the skirt take all the credit!

That's a weird and cool thing, though.

 
At 5/31/2007 10:12 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'll keep my eyes open for you on the walls of the art museum here. Then when your sketch shows up, I will tell everyone "I know her!" They will probably be duly impressed and want my autograph which I will graciously give to them :-)

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home