princess genevieve

lundi, juin 11, 2007

Harry Potter!

I went today to preorder the new Harry Potter book from my neighborhood bookstore. um. OK, that's a lie. It was from my office neighborhood Barnes and Noble. But come on! They are having a midnight release party! How can I pass that up! Also. My neighborhood only has a used bookstore. And while I love it, it's not exactly going to have the new Harry Potter for a while.

Anyway, not the point of the story.

When I ordered the book, the guy asked for my phone number and my name. Then he said, "You can give me your email address if you want..."

I didn't say anything, and he continued talking.

He added, "Come on. Let's be real. You know when the book comes out. We're not going to email you. We're not going to call you when it arrives."

Fair enough.

HarryPotterHarryPotterHarryPotter! I'm a smidge excited for this.

Libellés :

6 Comments:

At 6/11/2007 11:15 PM, Blogger Amy M. said...

My friend Sara manages a really big B&N and she told me that if I ordered it online, the shipping would be expedited so that I am guaranteed to get it on my front doorstep the day of the release. This method has worked for the last two books. It takes the pressure off and I can just go to the midnight release party and have fun!

 
At 6/12/2007 3:18 AM, Blogger Paisley said...

so are you getting the children's or the adult's cover version?

 
At 6/12/2007 9:49 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I pre-ordered mine last week! Actually I ordered it online from B&N as a birthday gift for my neighbor and then I pre-ordered one for myself from the local bookstore (Books a Million) to be picked up at midnight. I always get the book and stay up all night reading it. I too am a wee bit excited! Only a little more than a month! (and I didn't get the option of ordering a children or adult cover version, am I miss out on something???)

 
At 6/12/2007 10:03 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

I also didn't get the choice of covers. Maybe Paisley is just lucky and it's an Aussie thing! Although I have the children's covers on all the rest so I guess I'd want them to match.

 
At 6/12/2007 4:19 PM, Blogger Sarah Q said...

last time i pre-ordered mine from amazon and it arrive on my doorstep a day BEFORE the release of the book. amazon 4-ever.

 
At 6/12/2007 5:57 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Sarah! That's amazing... maybe I should have gone that route but the midnight release party is SOOOOO appealing to me. :-)

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home