princess genevieve

jeudi, juillet 19, 2007

Everyone likes Vodka!

So Friday? When I was sitting at the gate in Copenhagen, waiting for my flight? For five hours? I met this very nice old lady. She was on her way home from a Holland America cruise around the Baltics.

Anyway, I also had this duty free bag with me. Even before my flight was three hours late, I had about four hours to kill in between flights, so I had done some shopping. I was lured by this shiny shiny Danish vodka bottle. It was silver! And shiny! And cranberry flavored! And only 13 euros! So I bought it.

Since there's all these restrictions on liquids on flights now, duty free stuff comes in see-through bags. So I had this shiny shiny vodka bottle sitting next to me on the floor at the gate.

The lady says, "Oh, is that some of that fancy special shampoo, honey?"

I did some quick thinking. What fancy special shampoo? And my god, does shampoo come in liter sized bottles? And would it get my hair clean, if such a magic product existed? And will she be offended if I tell the truth? I go with the truth.

"No," says I. "It's vodka."

She laughs. And says, "Do you wanna open it?"

Libellés :

4 Comments:

At 7/19/2007 10:09 AM, Blogger alt.ayu said...

haha i jumped at the word 'vodka' in the title :P

Your vodka sure sounds funky!! :D I once bought a shiny bottle like that from Absolut but went home and realized it's just a special Bling casing :( but oh well it wasn't expensive at all

:D

 
At 7/19/2007 11:45 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Have you cracked it open to try it yet? I am definitely someone that is attracted to aesthetically pleasing packaging. I think I would get bored with a giant liter sized shampoo, I like to switch it up when I run out.

 
At 7/19/2007 11:19 PM, Blogger Paisley said...

I've got shampoo in a big bottle (can't remember whether it's a litre or 900mls). It's actually pretty good shampoo - but the bottle is almost too heavy and awkward to hold one-handed in the shower.

 
At 7/22/2007 9:52 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

hehe...so u bought it because it's in a shiny bottle eh?? did you end up opening it?

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home