princess genevieve

mardi, juillet 17, 2007

Of Trips Home and Falling Ill

First off, thanks to everyone who voted in my movie poll! The winner was Blades of Glory, which I must admit is not a movie I would have chosen to watch. But watch it I did, and it was actually quite funny, and the perfect plane watching. The guy next to me wasn't watching anything, because he was working, but occasionally, he would glance at my screen, and without the sound, even, he would start to laugh.

The movie I wanted to watch was Amazing Grace, which I liked a lot although it is not ideal plane watching. It's a bit of a thinking movie. But I liked it also.

My flight actually left Copenhagen three hours late. Three. Hours. Late. I was not a happy camper. No one was. At least for me, it was a direct flight home. Heaps of people missed their connections and probably had to spend the night in Washington. The good part for me? I got upgraded. I'm not sure if it's because of the amount of flights I've had lately, or because of the price we paid for the ticket, but in any event, I had the seat that turns into a little bed. Which is lovely, and if you ever have the chance, I say, take it! I was actually able to sleep for about 4 hours on the flight. Hooray for that! Also, the food, while it's still not something I would necessarily chose to pay money for, was better. And you got more choices.

Saturday started out well. I ran errands and went to see Harry Potter with my friend Alison. But after dinner, I started not feeling well, and after Alison left my house to meet up with some of her other friends, I was sick. I'm pretty sure it was food poisoning. Which I don't really recommend. Especially when it means I had to cancel a brunch on Sunday that I had been looking forward to all week. With friends who I hadn't seen in 3 weeks and one of them is going away for a month now so I won't be able to see him until the end of August!

But. The good news is today I am feeling much better. And I will be home for nearly 2 full weeks before going away again! This time, though, I'll be going away on my own accord, for vacation. I cannot wait.

Libellés : ,

4 Comments:

At 7/17/2007 11:17 AM, Blogger Amy M. said...

Sorry to hear that you have been ill. Food poisoning is the worst!

 
At 7/17/2007 2:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Glad you are feeling better. What did you think of the new Harry Potter movie? I am eagerly awaiting the book this weekend!

 
At 7/17/2007 10:41 PM, Blogger Paisley said...

ugh - food poisoning is not fun. I saw Order of the Phoenix on Friday night - quite an achievement to fit all that story into 2.5 hours, although I felt that the break-neck speed of it doesn't really allow for much introspection - I guess we've got the books for that.

 
At 7/18/2007 10:12 PM, Blogger alt.ayu said...

i totally agree about those 'non-thinking' films on flights - I watched Night in the Museum the other time although I wouldn't have chosen it if not for the flight. And it was funny!
yikes, food poisoning is no fun! but am glad you're all better now! :)
Wow wow!!! two more weeks to vacation!~ that's going to be great!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home