princess genevieve

mardi, juillet 03, 2007

A Sad Night

Last night, I had all these fabulous plans. Well. To be honest, they weren't so fabulous, but when you're traveling alone, you take what you can get. I was going to go have dinner at a place I haven't tried before, then I had a checklist of things to do online when I got back to the hotel. Really fun things, too, like "Pay Visa Bill" and "Check Bank Balance."

Anyway. The evening got off to a rocky start when I got back to the hotel room and realized that they had taken away my dirty laundry, but not returned the clean clothes. So I asked at the front desk, and the guy said I didn't leave it before 9 am. Which simply isn't true. It should be there today (it better be, as I am wearing my last clean outfit today!) and I told him I won't be paying full price for that. He said we can work this out today, but I don't see what there is to work out.

Then, I walked to the restaurant, which, as it turns out, is closed on Mondays during the summer. Even though I checked their website and everything and they said they were only closed on Sundays. So I went to another place, which was actually very good. I ate lots of fish.

At this other place, two couples came in and sat down at the table across from me. I had a lot of fun watching them. It was very weird. The one guy seemed like the leader. He and the other husband talked to each other, but never really to either wife. The wife of the leader acted like a petulant teenager. She clearly did not want to be there. She never participated in the conversation, did not talk to the other wife, and was sending text messages under the table. The other wife, well, I felt bad for her. No one would talk to her, and she did try to participate in the conversation between the husbands!

Anyway. When I got back to the hotel, I discovered the hotel internet was broken. So I couldn't do my tasks.

The good things that happened last night? I kept getting amusing texts from my dad during my dinner. And the couple at the table next to me brought their dog to dinner and he was adorable. I think (but I can't be sure, because this is crazy) that the dog's name was Knives. He was a little white Maltese. Named Knives. I love it. Knives's male owner kept slipping him bread under the table.

Libellés :

1 Comments:

At 7/04/2007 3:46 PM, Blogger Rachael said...

Sorry you weren't able to get done all you wanted to get done and that things seemed as if they weren't going your way. Does it make you feel any better that I've been stuck on the computer all day today (July 4th!) doing work for my stepsister?

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home