princess genevieve

dimanche, septembre 09, 2007

Shalom y'all

Yesterday, I went to the Maryland Seafood Festival. Basically, we went for the crab soup cookoff, which was fantastically fun but I ate way too much cream and butter and I felt a bit ill afterwards.

In order to try and walk off some of the cream, we walked through the crafts section of the festival. Now, I did actually buy some soap, but most of the stuff was not stuff worth buying.

Especially what is pictured above. There was this whole huge display of painted crab shells. Most of them weren't even really painted - they would be painted with a background color, and then a photo would be shellacked on to the shell. For example, you could get one with Cal Ripkin's head on it. Or one with a My Little Pony. Or one with High School Musical 2.

This one was my favorite, though. Shalom. When I saw it, I not too quietly said, "But crabs aren't kosher!" Since these things appeared to be Christmas tree ornaments, Nicole wanted to know what the potential purchaser would even do with this thing.

And then I went back and snapped this photo with the camera phone. Hahahaha it's still making me laugh. I should have taken a picture of the whole booth, so you could have seen it in all its glory, but you'll just have to imagine.

Libellés :

3 Comments:

At 9/10/2007 2:17 AM, Blogger Jay said...

Even from here, the crab shells are making me laugh. First that you would comment that they aren't kosher, and then that they turn out to be Christmas ornaments! Oy!

 
At 9/10/2007 2:58 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That's pretty classic! Perhaps it is for those houses that celebrate Christmas and Chanukah...they also own a Menorah that says "Santa"

 
At 9/11/2007 2:23 AM, Blogger Sarah Q said...

now i know what to get that person that has everything. my friend who lives on the northern neck of virginia didn't register for her engagement party and now has cabinets full of crab-ware. think cheese knives, napkin rings, hand towels all with crabs on it.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home