princess genevieve

jeudi, avril 03, 2008

Operatic Drinking

Mandy and I went to the opera last night, which, despite the annoying couple nattering away non-stop behind us, was a delightful evening out.

When we got on the shuttle bus from the Kennedy Center back to the metro, though, we noticed this guy sitting in the back row. About halfway through the 5 minute ride, he took out a flask and took a big gulp.

And we could really smell the stuff! I think I got drunk off the fumes. We weren't sure what kind of liquor it was, but I'm leaning towards brandy. Or possibly cooking sherry.

'Cause nothing says class like drinking brandy out of a silver flask in a Kennedy Center metro shuttle, that's for sure.

Libellés :

3 Comments:

At 4/03/2008 12:09 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Just had to say hello for several reasons. Heard you on my new fav podcast, katia and kyliemac, so that's how I found your blog. I'm a traveler myself and have applied to teach ESL in France (again, as it were) and I live in the DC area too (but hopefully only until September)! Also, I am an opera singer and was happy to see you enjoyed your night out.

 
At 4/03/2008 1:20 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

hi Emily! Thanks for stopping by, and I'm glad to hear from you! Good luck with the move to France...

 
At 4/03/2008 6:48 PM, Blogger trash said...

Naturally we would expect that you would recognise class; me on the other hand - 'apparently I am rude'!


BTW what was the opera?

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home