princess genevieve

vendredi, juin 13, 2008

Adventures on the Bus, #3456

I've got two of them to share!

On Wednesday, I was sitting at the bus stop, and this kid came up and sat on the bench with me. He looked to me about 15. About a minute after he sat down, he started smoking a cigarette. Then he pulled out his cell phone and called a girl. I know it was a girl because at one point he said, "You can't be seein' no other dudes! You my baby mama!" And later in the conversation, he asked the baby mama how old another girl that they knew was and whether she was a virgin. (She was 14, and yes.)

I have to say, I was shocked. I think I am still somewhat naive and innocent about things like this. I know, realistically, that kids like this exist, but it's so far from the way I grew up that I just can't get my head around it.

Anyway, this morning, the power was out! Over about thirty blocks of the city! I was at a doctor's appointment and a colleague emailed me to tell me to avoid the metro as a bunch of stations were closed, so I hiked back to the bus stop and took the bus to the office. A bunch of street lights were out, and there were cops directing the traffic. I still have no idea what happened.

Power in my office? On. Power across the street? Off.

Libellés :

1 Comments:

At 6/15/2008 4:57 PM, Blogger trash said...

eeewww! And - ick! Like you it is a million miles removed from where I grew up.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home