princess genevieve

lundi, novembre 03, 2008

Election Protection

For the past few months, I've been doing pro bono work with the Election Protection hotline. It's part of the reason I've been so insanely busy, but I think it's important, and so does my office. They let me go over there during work hours.

It's a non-partisan hotline, and basically, people call and ask questions about early voting, registering, problems at the polls, whatever, and I try to answer the question. It's been really interesting and fun.

So, tomorrow, if you are at the polls and you have any sort of problem at all, or you think the lines are excessively long, or whatever, call! 1-866-our-vote. They are keeping track of every type of problem you report.

I'm leaving tomorrow to go to my sister's wedding in New Orleans, so I won't be the one answering the phone, but you will for sure get a trained legal professional.

Libellés :

3 Comments:

At 11/03/2008 2:56 PM, Blogger Amy M. said...

Have fun at the wedding! Can't wait to see photos!!!

 
At 11/03/2008 4:14 PM, Blogger Brena said...

That's so great!!!! I love Election Protection... I'm a little addicted to the news as of late. I would like to say thank you for answering questions! It's reassuring to know that there is a trained professional on the other end of the line!

 
At 11/03/2008 4:32 PM, Blogger DDanielle said...

Wow its nice to know that you do something like that. Good for you!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home