princess genevieve

lundi, septembre 26, 2005

Would you like a roach with your salad?

Last night, Rebeccah and I took Alison out for her birthday. We went to dinner at a place called Thyme Square in Bethesda. That's Thyme Square. Don't go there. After we had finished eating and were waiting for the check, I noticed a roach. On the wall. Right next to me. Rebeccah got up and told the waiter. While she was gone, another roach or two showed up.

The waiter came over, and said, "Oh, sorry about that." I replied, "Sorry about THAT ROACH? The one right THERE?" and I pointed to the roaches. I was hoping that other patrons would overhear me, but no one seemed to. The waiter very nonchalantly said, "yeah, that." and took Rebeccah's and my credit cards to swipe them.

I told my mom this morning what happened, and she said I should call the health department. So I did. I left a message for the inspector. I am also planning to write a letter to the restaurant, not that I really expect a response. Plus, what would their response be? Please try us again? NO WAY.

6 Comments:

At 9/26/2005 10:57 AM, Blogger Molly said...

That is disgusting!

 
At 9/26/2005 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Ugghh...gross! I've eaten there once, but we sat outside. I don't think I'll ever go there again. I know it's organic food and all, but that's a little too organic.

 
At 9/26/2005 11:14 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Rebeccah also called the health inspector, and they told her they'd be out there to check within 72 hours.

 
At 9/26/2005 11:56 AM, Blogger Amy M. said...

I got really bad poisoning from On the Border last year. The food poisoning symptoms lasted three days. It was awful. When I reported the problem to the restaurant, they offered me a gift certificate. No thanks. I'm never going back there.

 
At 9/26/2005 12:48 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

that is terrible. I have never been to On the Border (there is one kind of near me) but I guess now I never will.

 
At 9/26/2005 12:54 PM, Blogger Reuss said...

Eurgh :S

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home