princess genevieve

mardi, février 14, 2006

Can I see your ID, please?

Last night, I was doing my regular volunteer gig at the Folger Shakespeare Library. They do plays, poetry readings, consorts, etc. Last night was a poetry reading. Included in the price of your ticket was a reception with the poets. I was working the bar during the reception, which I generally like. Last night, however, there were a lot of college kids there, all trying to get free wine from me! You would not believe the number of college kids who simply "forgot" their IDs at home. My personal favorite was the kid who told me he could drink because he is "in college." OK. I was under 21 for the majority of my college career. My friend Mercedes was 16 when we started college! That's not a good ploy, buddy.

I happen to agree that 21 is a ridiculously old drinking age. However, the law says 21, and I have to follow the law. Sorry to the approximately 30 people last night who had left their IDs at home. I hope next time you remember to age a few years.

2 Comments:

At 2/15/2006 12:22 PM, Blogger Molly said...

How convenient that they "forgot" their IDs. Guess a poetry reading is not high on the remembering the fake ID list!

 
At 2/15/2006 12:36 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

yep, how very convenient. Of course, it did them no good as I cannot serve them without proper id.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home