princess genevieve

lundi, février 13, 2006

Emergency!

Friday night, my friend Mandy was over. We had just finished dinner, and were about to start watching a movie. Mandy got up to get some more Coke, and the next thing I knew, she was laying sprawled on my living room floor. It looked to me like she tripped on her bag and then slid (I have hardwood floors.)

She finally got up, and went into the bathroom. I fixed her an ice pack, and examined the damage. There was lots of blood. She banged her chin on the floor, which then went up, and caused her to bite through her lower lip. I wanted to take her to the emergency room. She didn't want to go. I called my dad, and he said, take her. So off we went.

We spent 3 hours in the Washington Hospital Center's emergency room. I watched Arrested Development on their lovely flat screen plasma tv with about 43 other people and knitted a sock while Mandy checked in and was triaged. Then they let me come into the room with her when she saw the doctor. She ended up needing stitches on her lip, and they had to cut some piece of skin off and re-attach it. But she didn't break anything, so that's good.

I saw her on Saturday, and she looked less swollen. Honestly, if you had just met her, you probably wouldn't even notice.

Lesson: be careful on hardwood floors if you're in stocking feet. And watch where you put your bag.

3 Comments:

At 2/14/2006 10:46 AM, Blogger Molly said...

Ouch! Hope Mandy makes a quick recovery. At least it sounds like you were chilling at a posh hospital with a plasma TV, sweet!

 
At 2/14/2006 2:04 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

The funny thing, Molly, is that the hospital really isn't posh at all. I was thinking someone must have donated the tv. I cannot imagine them buying it... they need other stuff so much more!

 
At 2/17/2006 11:45 PM, Blogger Jasclo said...

Oh my gosh! I hope she'll be OK. Poor girl.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home