princess genevieve

lundi, février 26, 2007

Oscars... Yawn... What Was I Saying?

It snowed here yesterday. Which meant that although I was supposed to go to an Oscars party, I didn't, because we were afraid it would ice over while we were out. So I watched the show from the comfort of my apartment.

I'm actually glad it happened this way, despite the fact that I lost the $15 I had used to pre-paid my ticket for the party. I put on my pyjamas. Made some macaroni and cheese. And sat down for the Main Event.

However. From the beginning, the show just wasn't holding my interest. I don't know what it was. I love Ellen DeGeneres! But halfway through the monologue, I got up and started cleaning the apartment. I kept right on cleaning, checking in periodically for updates, until around 10:45 when I got in bed. By 11:30, when it seemed like the show was going to go on and on and on forever, and we didn't even know who the best actor/actress/director was yet, I turned it off and went to sleep.

I know this show takes place in California, but please, throw us East Coasters a bone. Let's start at 7:30 next year if it's going to go on this long!

Libellés :

4 Comments:

At 2/27/2007 12:46 AM, Blogger Paisley said...

We get a delayed telecast here since the live shebang is happening while everyone is at work. Somehow they always manage to tweak the timing so that it finishes bang on midnight.
I know what you mean about finding it hard to get excited. I think Ellen is great, but the vibe of the show just felt a little limp - as if people just weren't that excited about the whole movie thing this year. Even Al Gore winning best doco didn't seem as exciting as when Michael Moore won a few years ago.
And there weren't even any spectacularly horrible frocks (a few slightly dubious choices, but nothing really downright outrageous) to distract us.

 
At 2/27/2007 9:08 AM, Blogger DDanielle said...

The little "bits" they did seemed like they went on forever. And they never just introduced the nominees; they went on FOREVER about why that category was so important. The montages went on forever. Like the one about writing....it made the night seem horribly long. We set the TV to go off after 30 minutes, however in that time they only announced 2 winners. So we reset it and then it showed up to the best director....then I didn't bother turning it back on again.

 
At 2/27/2007 12:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I didn't even turn it on this year. I don't have the patience to sit and watch the entire thing. I just read about the highlights the next day on the internet.

 
At 2/27/2007 3:40 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Paisley, yes, limp is a very good adjective for the show. And I agree, nothing truly terrible in terms of dresses, although I did not like Naomi Watts's dress. It looked like it was about to slide off her body!

ddk, yeah, i know what you mean. everything seemed to take forever!

Molly, excellent plan.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home