princess genevieve

jeudi, février 22, 2007

Thanks for the ideas!

Thanks, guys, for the ideas... I think I'll start with Amie's suggestion, because I did go to a movie screening last night, but I'll try to get to the other suggestions as well. Especially yours, Amanda-my-favorite-baby-sister. (You better hope my other sister doesn't want your title; Papa apparently thinks she could have it as well, even though I explained I have 1 baby sister and 1 little sister, not 2 baby sisters.)

So. Last night I went to a screening of Zodiac, which is about the Zodiac killer in San Francisco in the 70s. Apparently based on a true story, but I didn't know anything about it before I saw the movie. This guy, the Zodiac, was a serial killer, and he sent letters and cryptograms to the San Francisco Chronicle detailing his plans. At the same time, the newspaper's cartoonist, Robert Graysmith, was obsessed with figuring out the Zodiac's identity.

This movie was good. Really good, in fact. To be honest, I wasn't expecting to think much of it, because I'm not overly fond of serial killers. But the story is very compelling and it draws you in. Jake Gyllenhaal, as the cartoonist, does a great job.

The movie is not really all that violent, considering it's about a serial killer. There were a couple scenes that I had to hide behind my coat, but that's about it. It was definitely suspenseful, though! At one point, I was so nervous for poor Jake Gyllenhaal. Apparently, so was everyone else, because someone in the audience yelled out "RUN!" I don't think he even knew he had spoken out loud - everyone was so into the story! My friend, Mandy, who came with me to the screening, didn't even hear the guy yell out run, that's how in to the story she was.

The downside of the movie is it is long. 2 hours and 40 minutes long. I am not overly fond of long movies, but as Mandy pointed out, "it didn't feel, like, Lord of the Rings long. Just long enough to tell the story." So we hardly even noticed it was nearly 3 hours long.

Recommended!

Libellés :

5 Comments:

At 2/22/2007 7:36 PM, Blogger Paisley said...

Is anybody "overly fond of serial killers"?
Sounds like it was interesting movie. The last thing I saw was Miss Potter in which Renee Zellweger wasn't as annoying as I had expected her to be.

 
At 2/23/2007 10:25 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ooh, sounds like a good one to view!

 
At 2/23/2007 10:34 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Paisley, perhaps I should have written not overly fond of movies about serial killers? (clearly, no one is fond of serial killers!)

I meant to see Miss Potter but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Molly, it was good!

 
At 2/27/2007 9:38 PM, Blogger Amie said...

I saw something about the Zodiac Killer on t.v before. It sounds like an interesting movie, something my hubby might want to watch.

 
At 2/28/2007 2:49 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Amie, yeah, it's a good boy movie. I wasn't intrigued by the idea off the bat but once I got in to the movie I did really like it.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home