princess genevieve

vendredi, mars 23, 2007

Rock the Kasbah

Last night, I went to this restaurant in Brussels called the Kasbah, with the temp who is traveling with me. (Which was nice, as I have been dining alone every night this week) Anyway, it's Moroccan, and the food was delicious.

I had called to reserve a table yesterday afternoon, and when we got there, despite the fact that there were lots of open seats, they put us at a weird table. It was right in the middle of the room, and the only table there. There were loads of other tables along both sides of the walls.

I didn't say anything about this weird table, and as it turns out, they would not have been able to put us any place else, anyway. About 20 minutes after we sat down, a huge party came in a took up both sides of the other tables! So now, we're not only in the middle of the room, we're also in the middle of a party!

It turned out alright, though. The party was maybe a work party or something - the people were not super animated, so maybe they didn't know each other very well, and there were at least 4 different languages being spoken in little clumps.

Libellés :

3 Comments:

At 3/23/2007 9:14 AM, Blogger Mama said...

Is you temp from Brussles or did she travel with you? (Very cool temp job if it includes international travel!)

Back here in the USA you are missing some weirder-than-usual weather (70 and sunny, 30 and sunny, 60 and rainy...). First chore when you get home: unpack the SUMMER clothes.

 
At 3/23/2007 9:16 AM, Blogger Mama said...

Can't believe that I fotgot to ask...have you found any great yarn sources? Have you converted to the Continental-style of knitting?

 
At 3/23/2007 9:42 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

the temp did travel with me. I think he is getting homesick, though, and is ready to leave!

Oh, yay. It's still cold & rainy here so I will be excited for warmer weather!

And... no! I can't find any yarn stores listed in brussels, although I did go to a couple in the Netherlands last weekend. And erm, no way!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home