princess genevieve

vendredi, mars 09, 2007

Update

As I know you guys are dying to know what I ended up cooking last night, I'll fill you in. I made flank steak, with a mushroom and tomato sauce to go on top, asparagus, and stuffed baked potatoes. Oreo cheesecake for dessert, and my friend took a large piece it of home with him. Just wine to drink; he had brought that over. I also had these syrups that go in vodka, sent to me by my friend Amelie in France, but he wasn't in a vodka drinking mood, so we skipped those. All in all, I think it was a good menu, and my friend seemed to like it. (or else he was lying to spare my feelings!)

And tomorrow I'm off to Brussels, for a work trip. I will try to update as time allows, but I'm not sure exactly how busy I'll be over there yet. I should be back in 2 weeks, if all goes as planned!

Libellés :

4 Comments:

At 3/09/2007 3:08 PM, Blogger Amie said...

Sounds good!! I'm glad it went well.

Have a great trip :D

 
At 3/09/2007 10:27 PM, Blogger Amy M. said...

I want to hear all about it IN DETAIL when you get back. Have fun in Brussels. Send me a postcard!

 
At 3/10/2007 3:32 AM, Blogger Katia said...

sounds delicious! And an oreo cheesecake? yum!
what are the syrups that go in vodka - enquiring minds want to try ;)

 
At 3/10/2007 8:55 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Amie & Malady, thanks! M, I'll email you this morning... plus, I should be on email per usual next week, since I'll just be in our Brussels office.

Katia, there are three syrups. Sirop saveur coquelicot, sirop saveur guimauve, and sirop saveur pomme d'amour. None of these are words that I knew! I have since learned (by asking Amelie) that pomme d'amour is like candy apple, guimauve is cotton candy (which maybe you call something else? my friend who came to dinner is English, and he says he calls it candy floss), and coquelicot is yet unidentified - Amelie says maybe beetroot, maybe poppy, according to the dictionary. Any ideas?

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home