princess genevieve

mercredi, avril 11, 2007

Tragedy Struck

Yesterday, I met Rachael for lunch at this place that's about halfway between our two offices. Cap City. Rachael asked me when I was still in Brussels where I wanted to go, and I chose Cap City because I really liked this salmon dish they had. It was grilled salmon with crab meat and potatoes. Note the use of the word "had." They took it off the menu.

OK, I then felt terrible we were there. I only chose the place because of the salmon. I actually don't like anything else on their menu, and Rachael confessed she wasn't crazy about their food, either. So then we were stuck in this restaurant that neither one of us really liked!

I asked our waitress about the salmon, and she said lots of people have been complaining about it. She suggested I email one of the vice presidents, so I did. He wrote me back today and said that I was the first person to complain about this menu item being gone, and that they replaced it with a "catch of the day." All fine and good, but salmon and tilapia are not the same thing! If I want a catch of the day, I'll go to a seafood restaurant, thanks very much.

They also changed their honey mustard sauce. They give you pretzels instead of bread to start, and I loved the honey mustard sauce for dipping the pretzels in.

I now officially have no reason to ever go back there. (unless they bring back my salmon!)

Oh, and I posted photos of my trip, what few I took.

Libellés :

4 Comments:

At 4/11/2007 3:42 PM, Blogger Rachael said...

Least successful lunch outing ever! We never have to go back to that bad, bad place again. :)

 
At 4/11/2007 5:15 PM, Blogger Amy M. said...

I am still pissed about Macaroni Grill getting rid of the San Marino dish. I wrote many letters but, alas, it never returned.

Phooey on them!

 
At 4/11/2007 10:09 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Sounds ucky... why do places mess with a good thing?

 
At 4/12/2007 11:21 PM, Blogger Sarah Q said...

welcome back! and thanks for the postcard.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home