princess genevieve

jeudi, mars 29, 2007

Restos

True confessions: I'm getting tired of eating out every day. Part of the problem, I think, is that I don't know where to go, so each meal becomes an exercise in flipping through my guidebook, asking people in the office, and general trial and error.

Lunch time isn't so bad - either people in the office invite me to go with them, in which case I just let them pick the place, or I go back to one of the places they took me to. Breakfast, also not bad - I've been to the grocery, so I've got juice boxes, bread, and fruit in my hotel room, which I eat while I watch BBC Breakfast. (Like the Today show, only English.)

It's the dinner bit that's tricky. Sometimes, the temp will join me, but more often than not, I'm left to my own devices. I would love to be able to cook something myself, but there isn't even a microwave I can use at the hotel, and I don't really want just a sandwich or salad for dinner. The bar menu at the hotel isn't great - they don't even have any vegetables on it! Not even a mixed salad or anything - so I don't eat there too often. It's also not really room service, you have to order it and then go down to the bar yourself to pick it up.

I think tonight, I'm just going to get Chinese food to go and eat it in the room. I don't really feel like dealing with being in a restaurant alone tonight, and plus, I'm tired.

Libellés : ,

2 Comments:

At 3/29/2007 2:57 PM, Blogger Rachael said...

Yeah - I can imagine eating out constantly for weeks would get old pretty quickly, especially if you don't have anyone to eat with. Eating in every once in a while should help.

Would you feel too weird to bring a book to the restaurant?

 
At 3/30/2007 3:03 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

oh, no worries, I have been bringing books to the restaurants! the other thing is, no matter even if you only order one course, it's going to take at least an hour and a half, unless you're at McDo or something... things just take longer here.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home