princess genevieve

lundi, avril 02, 2007

La Cuisine du Maroc, Part Deux

I went back to the Moroccan restaurant for dinner tonight. Besides the fact that I really liked it the first time I went there, it was easy, since I didn't have to do any investigating to figure out where to eat. I guess after being here for a month, I'll be able to recommend a lot of places to people!

The funny thing was, I was starving when I got there, and I remembered they took a long time with the food last time, so I ordered a starter (scampi avec une sauce piquante - shrimp with a spicy sauce that was delicious, but not really spicy). Then out came my tanjine, after a bit of a wait, and I did eat quite a bit of it, but I have this idea that cous cous actually expands in your stomach, making you feel full quickly. So I didn't eat even half of the tanjine, as it was just too much food. The waiter wanted to know what was wrong with the tanjine, and didn't believe me when I told him it was delicious, but just too much food!

I've noticed that here - if I don't clean my plate, people want to know why. Was it bad? Was I not hungry?

Libellés :

1 Comments:

At 4/03/2007 5:47 AM, Blogger Jay said...

This couscous theory is a bit alarming.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home