princess genevieve

jeudi, août 02, 2007

Vacation!

I was away on vacation until last night. I went to Truro, in Cape Cod, Massachusetts, to visit my friends Mercy and Laura. They're living there for the summer, working in a clinic. (They are both doctors)

I had lots of fun. Slept a ton. I think the earliest I ever got up was 9:00. We went to the beach and went sailing. We saw The Simpsons Movie (spider-pig!) at the drive-in. I'd never been to a drive-in before and I loved it. It's probably a good thing I don't really drive or I'd wish for one closer to me. I also saw Hairspray on a rainy day when they were both working.

I ate lobster and various other creatures from the sea. Mercy and I went to a wine tasting where I bought wine in a lighthouse shaped novelty bottle. (the wine is OK. It's all about the bottle)

And now? Back at work for 2 days, then off to Belgium again. This time, I've got a weekend planned in Dublin with my friend Elizabeth, which I am excited about. Anyone want a postcard? I sort of stopped mailing them, but I can mail more if anyone wants one!

Libellés :

9 Comments:

At 8/02/2007 10:49 AM, Blogger Amy M. said...

Oh, I've never gotten a postcard from Ireland! You are my only friend that travels these days!!! Also, if you see any good Irish knits, let me know. I'll reimburse you.

 
At 8/02/2007 11:35 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Drive-ins rock! In high school for $5 a car load you could go to the drive-in (and they showed current movies that were in the theater) it was a lot of fun!

The lighthouse bottle of wine sounds pretty cool. I too am often attracted to novelty bottles over the quality of the wine inside.

 
At 8/02/2007 12:27 PM, Blogger Amie said...

We always have fun at the drive in.

You always sound like your having a great time! I'd love to see a pic of your lighthouse shaped wine bottle.

 
At 8/02/2007 2:52 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

I will take a picture of the lighthouse bottle, for all those who are curious!

 
At 8/02/2007 8:18 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

wow. you seem to travel a lot!!! must be fun!! ^_^

 
At 8/02/2007 9:23 PM, Blogger Paisley said...

The last time I went to a drive-in, I was about 7 and we saw Herbie Goes Bananas.
Have fun in Ireland!

 
At 8/02/2007 10:21 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Michelle, lately, all the time! Mostly for work... the vacation was the first personal trip I've gotten to take since January.

Paisley, I loved Herbie. How appropriate that you saw it at the drive-in.

 
At 8/03/2007 9:00 AM, Blogger alt.ayu said...

oooh i'd love a postcard from dublin! hardly any of us get the chance to go to dublin!!

I can't wait to see the Simpsons Movie myself... glad you liked the drive-in!

 
At 8/07/2007 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Of Course I want a postcard! I always expect them from you (you are the Queen of postcards), and I've been disapointed. With all the traveling you've been doing, I thought I'd get them more often!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home