princess genevieve

mercredi, septembre 23, 2009

Fall into Reading


My friend Amy always participates in Callapidder Days's reading challenges, and I decided to do Fall into Reading myself this year! Here's a list of 5 books (to start) that I plan to read this fall:

1. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, by Stieg Larsson
2. The Elegance of the Hedgehog, by Muriel Barbery
3. Brooklyn, by Colm Toibin
4. An Echo in the Bone, by Diana Gabaldon
5. Sammy's Hill, by Kristin Gore

I'll update as I read these, and add more, as this will not be enough to get me through the fall!

Libellés :

7 Comments:

At 9/24/2009 11:07 AM, Blogger Amy M. said...

Good picks, Vieve! I will be interested to hear what you think of Larsson's book. It's pretty hard-core.

-Amy

 
At 9/24/2009 3:45 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

I hope I like Larsson's book, but to be honest, I'm not holding my breath. It's a book club pick.

 
At 9/25/2009 12:27 PM, Blogger Amy M. said...

I liked both the first and second books but the content is pretty tough. If you like suspense/mystery-type books, you might like them. But the sexual abuse is horrific.

-Amy

(I have reviews for both books on my blog)

 
At 9/25/2009 12:28 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

yeah, that's the thing... I don't really like suspense/mysteries. But my book club really does, so we end up reading quite a few of them.

 
At 9/27/2009 7:16 PM, Anonymous Jayne said...

I just started the girl with the dragon tatoo. Haven't gotten far enough to know if I'll like it or not.

 
At 10/02/2009 9:44 PM, Blogger Nise' said...

Great choices for this challenge. I really like Larsson's books.

 
At 10/12/2009 10:04 AM, Anonymous Meghan said...

I got a copy of Girl with the Dragon Tattoo for the Birmingham trip. Would you like to borrow it?

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home