princess genevieve

vendredi, février 19, 2010

Escape from the Blizzard(s)

Despite two blizzards, or maybe because of them, my friends and I were determined to get to Mardi Gras. A cancelled flight on Thursday? No problem! We'll fly to Birmingham, rent a minivan, and drive 6 and a half hours overnight to get to New Orleans. Snow in Birmingham? Well, we'll just pretend that's not going to happen. A train an hour late leaving the station to get to the airport? We'll take a taxi!

We got to my parents' around 3:30 on Saturday morning, crashed for a few hours, and then spent the next 4 days at various parties which included bartenders, fried turkey, and of course, Mardi Gras beads.

So fun! I honestly had forgotten how much I love Mardi Gras, and I am now planning to make an annual pilgrimage.

Libellés : ,

2 Comments:

At 2/20/2010 2:10 PM, Blogger trash said...

That sounds triffic fun. A different vibe to the Sydney Mardi Gras I'm guessing ;-)

 
At 4/14/2010 1:09 PM, Blogger Princess Genevieve said...

Votre nom est Geneviève et vous parlez le français, aussi! Très bien. Enchanté!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home