princess genevieve

mercredi, février 22, 2006

A Cooking Tip

Don't use an immersion blender to make mashed potatoes. I was feeling too lazy last night to mash them by hand, and looking for the handmixer pieces seemed too challenging, so I grabbed the immersion blender, thinking it would work sort of like the handmixer. It didn't. The potatoes came out like glue. Of course I still ate them, but they were not the deliciously whipped garlic potatoes I had intended.

Sigh. Let's see how I can manage to mess up the cous cous I have planned for tonight, shall we?

7 Comments:

At 2/22/2006 10:56 AM, Blogger Molly said...

Good to know. Gluey mashed potatoes are the worst!

 
At 2/22/2006 10:57 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

yes! they are really bad.

 
At 2/22/2006 10:51 PM, Blogger Paisley said...

Immersion Blender? This must be another Americanism that I don't get.
I use a fork to make my mashed potatoes!

 
At 2/22/2006 11:42 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

hand-held blender? the stick blender that you can just put into the pot instead of transferring everything to the regular blender.

usually I use the hand mixer. clearly I will be going back to that!

 
At 2/23/2006 1:21 PM, Blogger Reuss said...

My mum has one of those "potato ricer" things (like a giant garlic press for potatoes) that she swears gives her the best mashed potatoes. I have yet to sample them though...

 
At 2/23/2006 1:28 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

I'm fascinated by a giant garlic press for potatoes! I may need to investigate...

 
At 2/23/2006 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

The potato ricer does indeed give the best mashed potatoes. A close second is using a potato masher...I like both of them. I've actually had bad luck with the hand mixer making my potatoes gluey, so I've given up on it. I do love my mashed potatoes!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home