princess genevieve

jeudi, février 16, 2006

I really didn't want to go out last night, but I had an obligation to attend a Junior League happy hour. I had suggested the location, and it was right by my house. I went home after work and changed my clothes, then set out. It turned out to be a delightful evening, and I'm glad that I went.

I met this girl there who is from Texas, and who knew a lot of people I went to college with, which was funny. At the end of the evening, she turned to me and said, "Genevieve, I'm fascinated by you. You've done such interesting things in your life." I laughed, said thanks, and then I said, "You know? I sometimes forget that!"

I think that sometimes, you're so caught up in just living your life that you don't realize what you're doing is interesting or unique or special. It's just your life, what you do, who you are. And sometimes, when I'm feeling like I haven't accomplished much or I'm unhappy with where I am now, it's nice to have a reminder that I have done interesting things in the past, and I will do more of them in the future.

Thanks, Kirsten, for the reminder.

6 Comments:

At 2/16/2006 3:48 PM, Blogger Molly said...

It is so easy to get stuck in a rut in life and get bored by the current situation. I sometimes forget fun that I have had as well, it is alwas nice to have that put into perspective at times! And you do have lots of unique experiences I know I like to hear about!

 
At 2/16/2006 3:57 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

thanks, Molly!

 
At 2/16/2006 9:19 PM, Blogger Jay said...

That's a good reminder for us all really. Maybe I'm not boring at all! Maybe I've just forgotten that I'm secretly fascinating!

 
At 2/17/2006 9:42 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Miss Jay, I have a feeling you're more than secretly fascinating.

 
At 2/17/2006 1:59 PM, Blogger Amy M. said...

You HAVE had a really interesting life. I don't know anyone who travels more than you do or has spent more time abroad. Except for maybe Khrisslyn.
You go girl!

 
At 2/17/2006 2:06 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Damn! Must_beat_Khrisslyn. Just kidding! Thanks, M.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home