princess genevieve

mardi, février 28, 2006

Geaux Tigers

Happy Mardi Gras, everyone! Alas, I am at work today, and not standing on the neutral ground collecting trinkets that I don't really want once I get home.

Yesterday, when I was heating up my cous-cous for lunch, I realized that I had a little cheer running through my head. "Hot boudin, cold cous-cous, c'mon Tigers, pousse pousse pousse." My dad used to say that whenever we had cous-cous. And whenever my mom made jambalaya for dinner, and I would ask what was for dinner, she'd sing "jambalie, crawfish pie, file gumbo," and I'd ask why we weren't having the crawfish pie or the gumbo. (I don't like jambalaya)

Is it weird that I have little songs that go along with my food? I think maybe it is. I can't eat cous-cous without saying that cheer. Does anyone else do this with anything they eat?

6 Comments:

At 2/28/2006 3:35 PM, Blogger Molly said...

When I was little, my Mom had a song for everything. I noticed as I have gotten older I do the same thing. ask me a question, I'm very likely to sing you the answer. I don't have specific songs to go with specific foods (not that I can think up off the top of my head!) but I do often have a song for just about everything I do. For instance every day when I leave work I sing "It's the most wonderful time of the day..." and go on to add the reasons why 5pm is the best hour of the day!(to the tune of It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year)

 
At 2/28/2006 4:06 PM, Blogger Amie said...

Weird but cool :D

I just learned today that Mardi Gras actually means Fat Tuesday (in French I think?) I did not know that.

 
At 2/28/2006 4:13 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Molly, that's cute!

Amie, yes, in French, Mardi Gras = Fat Tuesday. (Actually, Tuesday Fat, but adjectives in French are generally flipped from the way we say them in English)

 
At 3/01/2006 12:59 AM, Blogger Paisley said...

I scream, You scream, We all scream, for ice-cream!
I figure you guess which food that goes with. I'm not sure where I first heard this one, but I said it at a friend's house on the weekend when dessert was being served up and her dad looked at me and said "you're not old enough to remember that". Apparently it was an advertising jingle for I-can't-remember-which-brand-of ice-cream.

 
At 3/01/2006 3:26 PM, Blogger Jasclo said...

i'm a chiquita banana
and i'm here to say
bananas have to ripen
in a certain way
so you should never
put bananas
in the refridgerator!
No, no, no, no!

 
At 3/01/2006 3:34 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

cute, girls!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home