princess genevieve

lundi, avril 16, 2007

Rainy Days and Mondays...

Remember a while ago, when I told you guys about how my bedroom ceiling had all this water damage on it, and I had to call the Housing Authority to get them to fix it? Guess what. All they did was repair the water damage. They never fixed the hole in the roof. (They told me they had.) Yesterday, it rained all day.

Luckily, I was home, and not in Brussels anymore. Because the ceiling for sure would have started leaking. Luckily, as soon as I noticed the water damage reappearing, I called the emergency maintenance number, and the guy came and put a bucket in the attic to catch the drips from the roof.

I asked him about repairing the roof - he said that he has given them three bids from three different roofers, and they have thrown them all away. I called the office back this morning, and asked when the roof repair would be done. She said she would check with Jose. I informed her Jose told me he'd already given them bids. Allegedly, someone is calling me back today, but if I don't hear back from them in a couple hours, I'm going to call them again. And then maybe call the Housing Authority again, if I need to.

This is just added stress that I don't need! I shouldn't be worried that my apartment is going to flood if I go away for a weekend.

Libellés :

4 Comments:

At 4/16/2007 2:40 PM, Blogger Amie said...

Oh my gosh, I can't believe that is happening again!

 
At 4/17/2007 1:27 AM, Blogger Paisley said...

how infuriating!
lucky you weren't in Brussels.

 
At 4/17/2007 8:49 AM, Blogger Rachael said...

That sucks! I hope you have good news at lunch...

 
At 4/17/2007 10:29 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

I know! It is awful. Thanks for the sympathy, guys.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home