princess genevieve

vendredi, avril 20, 2007

Who Knew?

Yesterday, I went to Whole Foods. In the middle of the day. Normally, I only get to go to the grocery during peak shopping times, like after work or on weekends. Imagine my surprise when, as I was walking around the store, a store employee came up to me and said, "I see you have a list. Can I help you locate the items on your list?"

What? Seriously? This never happens on the weekends! The only thing I needed help finding was the food coloring, which it turns out they were out of. I wished I had had weirder things on my list, so I could have taken full advantage of her offer, but I pretty much know where things like shrimp and pasta are kept.

Too bad this was pretty much a one-off for me... I don't anticipate having more time off at home during the week for a long, long time. Sigh. Back to weekend madhouse shopping.

Libellés :

5 Comments:

At 4/20/2007 6:23 PM, Blogger Amy M. said...

Wow! What service!

 
At 4/22/2007 1:06 AM, Blogger Paisley said...

who knew indeed! You wouldn't get that kind of service in any of our supermarkets (I'm assuming that Whole Foods is a supermarket...)

 
At 4/23/2007 10:51 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I've never had that happen! Guess it pays to shop during the week day when the rest of the world isn't fighting for their inch of the aisle!

 
At 4/23/2007 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

I shop in Whole Foods regularly and I've never had this happen to me either, but they are super helpful whenever I'm looking for something and always very nice. When I check out, they always ask me if I found everything I was looking for...I've always wondered what would happen if I said no? Would they send someone to go get what I couldn't find?

 
At 4/23/2007 11:30 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Paisley, yes, indeed, it is a supermarket.

Jayne, I have wondered the same thing!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home