princess genevieve

mardi, mai 08, 2007

I've got No Money!

There's only one ATM near my office, and it's been down for two days. After lunch today, I've got a 5 euro note and a bunch of change left. So maybe enough for lunch tomorrow, but that's it. I've got to find another ATM tonight after work.

Yesterday, I went to the grocery, and I waited patiently in line. She rang me up. Then discovered I don't have a Belgian bank card, only a Visa check card. I couldn't pay with that at her register, and I didn't have cash (see: title of post). She had to un-ring everything, and send me over to the one register that takes Visa. At least I could pay... the train station grocery won't take my Visa at all. But I can't take cash from the grocery like I can at home, because they have to run it through as a Visa, and not as a debit card.

This whole bank card situation is one of the most annoying things to me... there are so many things I can't pay for easily without a Belgian bank card.

Libellés :

5 Comments:

At 5/08/2007 10:24 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Can you open up a Belgan account; just put a couple hundred in, and close when you leave (or leave open with a few euros in case you need to go back).

Rebeccah

 
At 5/08/2007 11:54 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

What a pain! Hope they refill the ATM soon!

 
At 5/09/2007 9:50 AM, Blogger Sarah Q said...

i suppose the obvious solution would be to, Get A Beligium Bank Card. but i guess you've probably thought of that and it's more complicated then just "getting." oddly when i was in San Fran many years back my ATM rarely worked anywhere and I think I actually walked about 8 miles back to my friends house from Berkeley to Oakland because i didn't have enough money to catch the bus.

 
At 5/09/2007 9:54 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

yeah, I thought about the whole Belgian bank card thing... I think you need an actual residence, not just a hotel address or office address, to open an account. So I think it's a good idea, but it also won't work for me.

Luckily, I found another ATM last night. Hooray!

 
At 9/07/2011 1:56 PM, Anonymous Julio Clatterbuck said...

That situation would be annoying to anyone! Good thing you found another ATM back then. Money is one of the things in this world that people can't actually live without.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home