princess genevieve

lundi, mai 07, 2007

Le Spectacle (or, Adventures on the Paris Metro!)

Yesterday, I got on the metro to go to the train station. It was a bit crowded, and I was not the only person with luggage. This guy with a guitar and an amp pushed his way into the car, and then moved to the middle section.

At the next stop, he was still setting up, and someone tried to get onto the train in his little space. He said, "Attention! Don't come on this way! There's a stroller!"

Everyone cracked up.

Then, he made this big announcement. "Ladies and gentlemen! Thank you for coming to my show! I know you're going to love it and I appreciate your ticket prices!"

Everyone cracked up again.

Then he started singing "I Just Called to Say I Love You." At one point, he even stopped and said, "Everyone!" and tried to get everybody to sing along. Everyone cracked up. But no one sang along.

I have to give him credit, he was pretty entertaining, even if it wasn't exactly the music I wanted to be hearing.

Libellés : ,

5 Comments:

At 5/07/2007 2:38 PM, Blogger Rachael said...

That definitely takes cojones! At least it was music and it was tolerable; I once had someone get on the Metro and start singing hymns (badly!) and preaching - not what I was looking for at 7am.

 
At 5/07/2007 2:48 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

thanks, Biby!

Rachael, ugh, that sounds horrible.

 
At 5/07/2007 7:00 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Did you see at puppet show too? That was my favorite part of the Paris Metro!

 
At 5/08/2007 7:36 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

A, no puppet shows this time! I love those too!

 
At 5/08/2007 11:55 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

oh my! At least you didn't have to buy your tickets from a scalper...

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home